Saturday, 20 October 2012

So.. what is CF? I hear you ask

Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a genetic disease you get when your Mum and Dad have a CF gene and then they have you (yeah.. awkward bit :L) and you have both of their CF genes.
It effects different people in different ways.
It can effect your chest, being more prone to catching infections
It can also effect your digestive system as we are missing an enzyme that absorbs fat, so it's difficult to put on weight.. yay you probably all think, but you don't know how much I long I wish to be chubby... really.
& Yeah we can east as much rubbish as we want!

But it's not all fun and games (well it never is really) we have to have IV (intravenous antibiotics) that go into your veins and give direct access to your body and fights disease better!

Many people with CF have a port, I don't but am getting one on the 21st November. I'm a little nervous, who wouldn't be? I have never had an operation even though this is a minor operation I have never had an operation before.

WOW a lot of operations in that sentence XD

So yeah, i'll keep you posted!

C
xoxox  

No comments:

Post a Comment