Friday, 26 October 2012

Friday 26th October 2012

Okay... I was going to wait til Saturday but I just couldn't! :D

Decisions

All my decisions were always made for me for most of my life so far. Now getting to the teen years of my life a lot of my choices are finally coming from me. Yes to start off with this was a little daunting and still can be. Feeling you have control over your health does get you thinking more about your condition and more how its going to effect my life as the years go by. I like having some control but not all yet. I like have the choice of what kind of IV line I want and little things like that. 
Doctors are directing the questions more to me now as soon I will be in adults and will have to fend for myself... scary!

Vascaport

I am having a vascaport in a couple of weeks time.
If you don't know what it is. Basically its a permanent line inside your body under the skin.
Its feeds straight to your heart. This requires a little operation which last about an hour after this you can use your port as much as you like and they can last up to 10 years!!

I am having this because honestly my veins are rubbish. They can never get lines in anymore. 14 days and i had to have 7 IV lines in! Not fun!!
I also take part in a lot of sport and having to stop that for 14 days is a nightmare, so being able to do sport whilst on IV's will really benefit me!! 
It will also help me because I wont have the faff of them trying to put a line in meaning I can have more of a school life as these are the most important years... and GCSE''s are not easy and the notes so far I have had to catch up on I hardly understand!!:P 
So November is a hectic month for me! But once i'm the other side of it, i'm sure it will all turn out just fine!






Spread the word

If you know anyone with CF please share this with them!:D It would mean a lot!
Also I will be posting what is happening (not just CF related) stay tuned!<3 


No comments:

Post a Comment